The end of the year is upon us and many companies still have funds to spend. There are proactive ways to spends funds that will save money in the long run, provide an extra layer of safety and security, as well as add value. Municipalities, school systems, and companies alike are left with funds that expire at the end of 2022. Capitol Electronics is committed to helping organizations determine the most proactive ways to utilize funds.
Questions to determine how to spend your end-of-year budget
Before we dive into our top suggestions, remember that the best way to spend end-of-year budget will be unique to each company. Ask yourself these questions as a starting point:
- How is the health of your organizations’ current safety and security systems? Will you need any additional technology to optimize safety and security? Do you need assistance in choosing an emergency notification system?
- Are there opportunities to update current safety protection systems that will save time lost to production or critical structure shutdown? For example, maybe your structure is currently protected from lightning strikes with a traditional, 270 year old lightning rod system. Did you know that lightning prevention technology will save 30% to 40% in cost?
- How are doors being monitored for unwanted intrusion? Schools are especially vulnerable to threatening intrusion and often times, doors are not monitored and worse. are left propped open. External doors are a top security risk in schools and can be monitored by one solution, sending an instant notification to several, designated parties, instantly, with exact location.
- Are you expecting your company to grow in the next year? Extra budget could go towards additional software licenses, phones, computers, and other tools and supplies that new hires will need.
Essentially, think ahead about where your company needs to be and devote your end-of-year budget to getting there. We don’t want to tell you how to spend your money, but if you’re still undecided about how best to use your extra funds, consider one of these tried-and-true options.
EXACT GPS LOCATION SENT IN 2 SECONDS
Upon the press of a Centurion Anywhere button – we deliver an exact GPS location via text message to one or many people – in less than two seconds. The recipient simply clicks the link, and a live map pulls up showing real time location. The map will also show movement and a bread crumb trail during an initiated emergency status.
NO FUMBLING TO UNLOCK THE PHONE
There is no risk of fumbling to unlock your phone, scroll to find an app, and then decide which emergency to select. During a heightened state of concern and imminent danger, these fine motor skills are not realistic to execute. Centurion Anywhere provides a simple and easy button to press in the event of an emergency.
CHOICES OF BUTTONS AND DEVICES
Choose the GPS button with the badge design or select the pendant design which features a smaller and discreet form factor. Make your selection based on the best fit for you or your employees role.
Capitol provides the fastest mass notification system, with the capability to detect any environmental change and threatening noise, including advanced gunshot detection technology. Protecting schools nationwide.
The CMCE devices are designed to prevent lightning strikes from forming by deionizing the electrical field. With more that 9,000 customers and zero strikes in twenty years, the CMCE devices are rapidly becoming the standard for a technology-based lightning protection system.
The CMCE devices work to balance the electrical field. They constantly drain current from the field, both positive and negative, and reduce the potential difference building during a storm. This process eliminates the upward streamers and effectively camouflages, or hides, a protected structure from the stepped leaders descending from the clouds and attempting to connect to the ground. The result is a lightning-free protected zone where lightning cannot directly strike. The CMCE is the most effective way to eliminate lightning from striking your boat, home, business and more.
Door monitoring systems are often initially overlooked components of an otherwise well- designed safety and security strategy. Since you need eyes on the flow of traffic through your organization’s doorways and hallways, while complying with fire code, you must find an effective solution. While access control or on-off systems can be used in some cases, often the rollout of such systems is costly, inadequate, not a good fit for your niche, or not flexible enough with your current systems.
Door propping can create a serious threat, allowing for:
- Elevation of Access
- Bodily Injury
- Loss of Environmental Control
- and worse…
Our solution gives you the ability to receive an Immediate Notification by any means you choose (phone, radio, text, computer pop-up, police radio, or all).
- Wireless sensors can be affixed to any standard door, hallway, and window.
- Wireless doorway sensors, motion sensors, and doorway alarms can be added and are all managed, centrally, by the Centurion Elite.
- Our solution can connect to hundreds of other safety, security, panic and duress, and messaging systems. For example, Access Control, Camera Systems, Motion Detection, Overhead and Screen messaging.
- D2R/Direct-to-Responder communication allows users to bypass third parties and go straight to the first responders (Police/Fire/Paramedic) within seconds.
- 24/7 door monitoring ensures your facility is always protected.
- Wireless sensors allow for quick and easy installation and expansion without aesthetic impact.
- Compatibility with our Centurion Gateway allows multiple building and even facilities to be monitored from a single system, across campuses, across town, or across the country.
Invest end of year funds into the safety and security of your organization. Capitol Electronics has been providing the industry’s leading public safety solutions since 1987. See what Capitol Electronics can do for your organization: www.capitolelectronis.com